"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Friday, March 8, 2013

Happily Ever After

 "Happily ever after is not something found only in fairytales. You are princesses destined to become queens. Your own wondrous story has already begun. Your once upon a time is now."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf

On Wednesday night, I had the awesome experience of going to the Mormon church for the first time.  It wasn't actually church (obviously, it was a Wednesday) but it was what they call "New Beginnings." It's where they 'initiate' younger girls into the group, Young Women. My soul sister/BFF Amanda invited me, as she was speaking.

I like to think I know a lot about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints;) about 90% of the blogs I read are Mormon women, and our community has a pretty strong LDS faith, which has allowed me to learn a lot about the religion and all it has to offer.

I was so excited to go on Wednesday night and dip my toes in the Mormon religion! My mom and I put on our best, modest outfits and went with open minds, anxious to hear what they had to offer.

It was so cute to see the wide-eyes of the new little Beehives. They were so excited- I just love how devout they are in their religion.

The theme was "Your Happily Ever After", based on a talk from President Uchtdorf (you should really read the talk, I love it). The room was decorated with wedding dresses, wedding photos from some of the Sisters, certificates, and lace, ribbon, and tulle galore. It was absolutely darling!

Amanda went and gave her talk, and it was absolutely amazing! She did such a great job of being honest, while still making it relatable and cute.

What I loved the most was how much they meant what they were saying. They felt the Spirit with them, and I can tell you, so did me and my mom. It was remarkable. We definitely walked out wishing we were Mormon (sorta;) we still like being Catholic!).

Afterwards, their bishop right away introduced himself, and all the other women and girls were so kind and welcoming to us. We had the most delicious lemon cakes and other little treats. I even got little souvenirs! I just love those Mormons:)
Little cards and cute frames
Amanda and I chatted for a while, planning out our road trip to Utah, and of course, our lives. Seriously, we've got it all figured it out and I CANNOT WAIT! Ten years from now, you'll see Amanda and I living next door to each other, but always being at one of our houses, listening to Mindy Gledhill, doing cute crafts, making cupcakes, chasing around kids, hiking the Y and doing yoga, living the cutest lives ever! I'm not even joking!

I am so honored that Amanda invited me, and that I was introduced to such an amazing faith. 
Love you lots Amanda!

xo
Hannah

“We all desire to be the heroes and heroines of our own stories; to triumph over adversity; to experience life in all its beauty; and, in the end, to live happily ever after. Isn’t it remarkable to know that God's love for you is so great that He has granted you this earthly life as a precious gift of ‘once upon a time,’ complete with your own true story of adventure, trial, and opportunities for greatness, nobility, courage, and love.” –Dieter F. Uchtdorf
 Pretty inspiring stuff, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment