Physics- I thought I really liked this class at the beginning of the year. My feelings have changed. It is easy and great, but the problems always have horrible wording, which lead to confusion.
Now, we're learning about force. Net=Resisting-Applied. Force weight= mass(9.8). Net force= mass*acceleration. Equations equations equations.
Choir- I love this class. I hate the days I don't have choir because I need to sing. Just belt it out. Even if the notes are wrong. And the days we don't sing, our awesome teacher Dubbs tells us the most interesting things. People, choir really is a class where you learn things! Like, the gut feeling you get is because you have more neurons in your stomach than in your spine. So basically, you have a tiny brain in your stomach.
Trigonomentry- Sin, cosine, tangent, cosecant, secant, cotangent. Unit circle. Graphs. Trig identities. So much stuff that I find unapplicable.
Strength- By far my most boring class. Because I can't do ANYTHING. Except for situps. Which have given me great abs, but still. No lifting, no hang cleans, no box jumps, no shoulders, no ladders. Stupid wrist.
AP Lang- This class, honestly feels like a walk in the park. I have the same teacher as I did last year, and it's such a relaxed class, with only 4 guys, so it's very estrogen filled. Some rhetoric terms and vocabulary terms here and there, timed writes about once a week, practice AP multiple choice, and AP test readings. We just finished "All Quiet on the Western Front" (tragic, boring.) and we're starting "Night", which I've read before and adore. I also have an outside reading novel for that class, "Rebecca". Reading it has been like getting teeth pulled, because it feels like a waste of time. But it's required.
AP Euro- MY FAVORITE CLASS!!! I LOVE my teacher Mrs. J, she is THE BEST! European history is better than world history ANY DAY! Except, I abhor 90% of my classmates. They just need to be kicked out. We just finished learning about absolutism and constitutionalism in Western and Eastern Europe, and are now learning about the scientific revolution and Enlightenment.
Spanish IV- I feel pretty smart when I tell my freshman strength partners I'm in Spanish IV. Does that mean I'm fluent in Spanish? Heck to the no! I hate speaking and listening. Writings not my favorite either. In this class, we basically just go over everything we've ever learned and master the skills, and pick up some new vocab. We're now studying the subjunctive tense. Es muy facil.
School is my life. Every night, I average five to six hours of homework, I kid you not. But, I know I will be well prepared for college with these fantastic classes. I look forward to even days because of 4th off with Kylee, and lunch with my friends. And the weekends are great too. Except for homework filled weekends. But school's pretty cool I guess, minus the waking up early, homework, projects, stupid kids, essays, packed halls, tests... ;)
Maybe one of these days I'll do a day-in-the-life post.
High schoolers aren't all know-it-all teenagers who cause trouble in public places and get wasted. Some of us do have values. The best way to get through it is to just keep going. It helps though, when you pick up some awesome friends like I have. :)
![]() |
| Clearly the coolest girls you will ever meet. |
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment