"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Perks of Election Day

I sincerely adore Election Day. For a few reasons, but mainly two, those being the end of the neverending, annoying as heck political ads and having the day off from school.

My mom decided it would be fun to see "Here Comes the Boom" as a family. It was a great movie, very funny and heartwarming. Then, I had the wonderful opportunity to sleep in until 10am, which I did without a hesitation. And from that moment forward, the day was busy as heck. I picked up Olivia's friend so they could study and brought Brandon to get the new Halo game. That alone took a good hour and a half and then I met Riley, Mackenzie, and Sierra at the movies to see "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".

I read the book back in March and really enjoyed it. It was a great coming-of-age story, that I think several teenagers could walk away from with a better understanding for their peers. I thought it was pretty true to the book, and would recommend it. Any person could relate to some of the tough, emotional situations the main character Charlie deals with. I left with mixed emotions. It was almost bittersweet, that's the only way I can really describe it. 
I would also like to use this time to say that I find it quite annoying that so many people just love the book now. Considering they read it just because the movie came out. Like they would read it otherwise. End rant here. But seriously if I see one more Instagram picture of someone's book where they highlighted "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite" I may go slap them.

After the movie, we had lunch at Red Robin which was delicious. I have been craving that place for weeks! We parted ways, and I went to physical therapy (as did my fellow cripple Riley). There, the therapist told my mother thinks that the doctors overlooked fractures in the little bones in my hand, or torn cartalige since the pain seems to only be getting worse. Fabulous. So we start back at square one, at a new doctor, so they can x-ray me and examine me to their hearts' content. 

On that happy note, I went home to grab some AP Lang books and went to Tattered Cover to tackle some reading with a big cup of tea. Oh and some talking with Mackenzie. 

Now, we wait for the election results. I am so so anxious and would very much love it if tomorrow, we woke up to the promise of Mr. Mitt Romney as our president. And that is all I will say of politics.

As the rest of my family surrounds the TV, I think I'll just paint my nails and watch "Breaking Amish", sporadically checking Facebook for the results. ;)

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment