"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, November 12, 2012

If you're a bird, I'm a bird...

Everyone guess what! I am no longer a "Notebook" virgin! That's right, up to last night, I was a 16-year old girl who had never seen "The Notebook". Now I have seen it twice! (I couldn't help but watch it again) In my defense, I did read the book, and very much enjoyed it, but man alive, the movie was fantastic. I want to be Allie, and have such an intense love for one man (especially if that man is Ryan Gosling;)) 
I loved every bit of the movie. I loved that from the start, Noah wanted Allie, and did not hesitate to be forward and go for her. I loved when they danced without music in the street under the traffic light. I loved at the beach and when they were swimming. I loved when Allie started to play this song on the piano. I loved their perfect summer. I loved Noah's dedication to Allie and every letter he wrote to her. I loved their reunion. I loved their time with the swans and the rain. I loved the music. I loved Allie's decision. I loved that I couldn't help but just cry.
Oh the subject love. I'm such a romantic. The movie is just beautifully done. It is idyllic and passionate. It made me want for this to be my first dance song at my wedding. It made me so badly want to find someone special to spend a summer with. And to have a white house with blue shutters, and a wrap around porch, and for it to be on the water. And to live in the 40s. Maybe one of these days though, I'll find my Noah... :) For now, I'll just watch the movie again and again. ;)

“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever.”


xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment