"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Giving Thanks

To celebrate Thanksgiving, my second favorite holiday, I thought it would be fun to have a post series on why I am thankful, and why others who surround me are thankful!

Today will feature why the children I babysit for are thankful. Over the weekend, I have babysat for three different families, and I casually asked each kid what they are thankful for. These responses come from two boys and four girls, ranging from 3rd to 7th grade. Here's what they all told me:
(for the sake of their privacy, I'm only using their initials)

C: "I'm thankful for my Beats and Mythbusters. I'm pretty thankful for lacrosse and tennis too, I guess. Oh and food of course."
L: "I'm thankful for Dr. Max who fixed my heart. And for when we make yummy food like inside-out caramel apples and brownies! And when you let me call your friends before I fall asleep!" 
J: "I am thankful for Minecraft and my sister. Also, I'm quite thankful for socks, technology, and my parents, oh and our house."
G: "I'm thankful for you Hannah! (I love this kid!) And for my family, gymnastics, and dolphins. And that Thanksgiving means we don't have to go to school!"
S: "Well, I'm thankful for my dogs and dance. But today, I'm just so sad that our neighbors are moving. Can we go say good bye again?"
A: "I'm thankful for turkeys so we can eat them! And for my puppies, dancing, and my rock collection at school in the field."

Well, we're all thankful for something different;) When my mom asked her class why we celebrate Thanksgiving, one little voice said, "So mommy and daddy can drink wine!" Oh the honest truth, as perceived by 5 year olds;)

I am thankful for all these awesome kids (whose parents pay me wonderfully;)) and the fun we have together! Although there are times where I dread babysitting, I always end up enjoying myself:) Take Friday for example, I was just having a bad day. When I was babysitting L, she turned up the music and we had a singing/dancing party. Made my day. Or A, when she saw me walking to the door, she ran out and tackled me with a hug. I love their innocence and love! Babysitting is the best job anyone could ever have.

xo
Hannah

1 comment: