When I babysit, I always bring something to do or make with the kids. Usually, I bring something to make in the kitchen because every kid loves to be a chef:) I've made homemade marshmallows, ice cream, checkerboard cookies, healthy brownies, everything really! My current favorite thing to make is applesauce. I am a huge fan of homemade applesauce, especially when it's warm and not thin (I really dislike the store bought kind). It's healthy, easy, and smells heavenly when cooking.
Here's the yummiest, easiest recipe ever. Enjoy!
![]() |
| via |
4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. white sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
In a saucepan, combine apples,
water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to
20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a
fork or potato masher.
Makes 4 servings.
(I usually double it)
It's that easy. There's not a lot to clean up, it takes no time at all, and the kids love to help mash up the apples. And the parents always love to come home to a good smelling house, and a healthy snack for the kids to eat throughout the week. :)
xo
Hannah

Sounds yummy! I can't wait to try this with my niece :-) Thanks for sharing!-Anne H.
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful! I hope you enjoy it:)
ReplyDelete