"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blog Challenge- Day 17

17. What is your most proud moment?

There have been several moments in life where I have been proud. Moments where I beam with pride and can't wait to tell my parents about it or moments I wish would last forever. But my MOST proud moment? In 16 years, I've done a lot, but there are moments more special to me. Sure, it could be my grades, or getting an award, or coming up with super fun activities for when I babysit, or cooking a meal for my family, but it's something I never thought I would do or be proud of.

My most proud moment was...

when I let go of a friendship and learned that if you're the only one fighting for it, then it's not meant to be. 

I know- lame, cheesy, totally something a teenage girl would say. I won't elaborate too much, but let me tell you, this friendship was one so rare, so special, so unique. One I will forever miss and cherish but know that it is over and will never be the same. As hard as this was to accept, through all the tears and terrible nights, and crushed feelings in and out of school, I learned that I should have never thought I was entitled to the friendship, that it could turn on a dime. Writing this floods me with bittersweet memories and I will not lie, makes me miss my friend so much it hurts my heart. I hate how certain things will always remind me of them, however I know that they are not the same person they were. I long to know what happened to our friendship, and ache for the past, but know that God's end to this relationship, His no, is no rejection, 
but a redirection.

xo
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment