"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Heaven IS Here

If you've been following this blog long enough, you know I love Stephanie Nielson. On April 3rd, she published a book. I had only been reading her blog for a little over a week and was really interested in learning more about her story. My guilty pleasure every night after I finished my homework was reading old posts, forcing myself to stop after hours and realizing that it was almost 1 or 2 in the morning. Finally, on April 30th, I sped through my homework and went over to Target to get her book. I got home, made a cup of tea, put on my PJs, and settled in for some pleasure reading. :) Since that late April evening, I've reread the book three times, and a fourth time in the past few days, it's that good!

 Book & Author: Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson
★★★★★

Stephanie Nielson was living the fairy tale life- an adoring husband, four cherished young children, and a blissful home in Mesa, Arizona. She lived a charmed life. Her book describes her courting with Christian aka Mr. Nielson, a true love story. To Nie, life is as good as it gets. The early days of marriage, the birth of their children, moving around the country and the beginnings of a blog are all part of her enchanting life until 3:40pm, August 16, 2008. Mr. Nielson takes her and their close family friend to his family ranch in Bluewater, AZ for a day of fun. On their way home, the plane malfunctions and crashes, burning all three passengers. Stephanie is burned on over 80% of her body, Christian- 40%, and their friend-50%, who soon dies. After nearly three months in a coma, Nie wakes up in a body she doesn't know and to a life she never wished for. The trauma is deep as she learns to accept existing in a world that does not accept her. She writes of her healing and the beginning of not a new life, but life as it is. Stephanie reminds us of what love, family, and life is really about in a time of crisis and how each may cope. Her faith keeps her grounded, as she prays to Heavenly Father and is touched by the spirit of angels. Heaven is Here is a beautiful read, reminding us how bountiful our blessings are and that everyday, we can work harder, love more, and enjoy each moment with peace and joy, as Heaven is here



I cannot praise this book enough! I laughed, I cried, I felt God with me. Nie is an incredible women, and through her book, shares love, tragedy, and triumph. Get the book, you'll want to read it more than once.  As one person put it, Nie's book is the story of how her life changed, but it might change yours too.


xo
Hannah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment