"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"The Best of Me" was not the best

If there is one thing that I'm not afraid to admit it is that I love reading. I immerse myself in the story and become attached to the characters(sometimes too much;)). The library is like Heaven as is any bookstore. I love curling up on my reading chair with a book and a cup of tea, it's relaxation in it's purest form. I mostly love realistic fiction and romance. My favorite authors are Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, Sarah Dessen, and a few others. 

Last week, I read Nicholas Sparks' latest novel, The Best of Me. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed. I've read all but three of his novels and this one was just... ehh. So here's my little review, giving further explanation to my opinion. 
Book & Author: The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
★★★☆☆ 

In a Notebook style fashion, Dawson Cole reunites with high school love, Amanda Collier, as their old friend, Tuck
Hostetler, who sheltered their young love, dies leaving them with directions. They have a romantic time similar to Nights in Rodanthe. Their love is rekindled but they have lives outside their small hometown that exist and those must go on. Their is tension and conflict, from both of their family's and their relationship is a mystery until the last third of the book. In typical Sparks' fashion, the end was written in the happy/sad/surprising sense. I definitely saw it coming, not like others, where I was utterly shocked. Overall, it was a good read and you can't go wrong with it, we can just hope for something better or reminisce of his already wonderful ones. :)


Some of my favorites are:
The Choice
Safe Haven
The Lucky One
The Last Song
A Bend in the Road

I hope to start doing more book reviews (I love to talk about what I read!), maybe they'll become a bimonthly thing:) 
xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment