"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."
About
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Hotter than Hades
Isn't it funny how in the winter, you can't wait till the summer and all of it's warmth? You just want to whip out those shorts and flip flops and ditch the sweaters and boots? Then it's the summer. Sure, the no school part is nice. But then there's the 100° weather and you start to countdown till Christmas (181 days if you were wondering) and listen to your Christmas Pandora station in the hopes you can fool your body into being cold, not hot. Ok, maybe I'm the only one who does this last part because I love any excuse to listen to Christmas music :) But man alive, it is hot. Unbearable really. Yesterday, I had a tennis tournament and it was blazing. I thought I was going to throw up and pass out. One girl just had to sit down during a match. It was crazy. Denver broke a record high of 105°, toasty.But I won, so I won't complain. ;)
A day in the life of a ginger in the summer Can you see where I did get sunblock? Nice fingers huh? ;)
Last night, I took an ice shower and stuck my lotion in the freezer beforehand so when I got out into the hot world, I had ice cold lotion to put on. My poor black man was sprawled out on my bed trying to beat the heat. I always feel so bad for him since he's all black.
even in the heat, he still curls his tail in happiness. what a cutie.
And now I have tennis at 11. I can't wait. I love being a minority and having the latest, hottest practice {not}. Here's today's predicted high temp. Oh and there's a gazillion wild fires burning away, making it hot and smoky.
I guess today I'll have my mom help me put the sunscreen on my back today. ;)
xo Hannah
ps- I am convinced Norah Jones wrote this song for me. I mean, look at the first few lines:
The Sun Doesn't Like You- Norah Jones
The sun doesn't like you, you always get burned,
Stay in the shade and watch the world turn.
Better find a new place to lay on the ground,
Can't stay where you are or you're gonna be found.
No comments:
Post a Comment