"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Slice of Hawaii

Meet my friend, Mackenzie. She is my locker buddy, Katie Herzig/Mindy Gledhill/all other types of good music buddy, my talk-on-the-phone-for-hours buddy("it's the friends that you can call up at 4am that matter"), almost 1,000 messages on Facebook buddy, my person. We met our very first day of high school and have been friends ever since. 
Mack and I- we take lots of pictures together:)
Well at this very moment, lucky Mackenzie is in Kauai! What a beautiful, serene place to be! She first went to Oahu for four days and the flew over to Kauai. Today, she is guest blogging for us! I'm so excited to have her as my first guest blogger, thank you Mackenzie!

A relaxing day in Kauai is just the kind of day I love. ;) I spent the morning laying on Poipu Beach reading and burning apparently. After the beach we walked down to the little shopping area near our hotel and we discovered this store called Sand People, which I love!! http://www.sandpeople.com/ (The website doesn't have nearly as much as the store). It was such a cute beachy shop and I basically wanted to buy everything I saw.  The only problem was it was a bit more expensive than I budgeted for. ;) I had to buy something though so I bought a cute lanyard for my keys and some gifts for people. After that we went to dinner at the Beach House which was fantastic! The sunset view was beautiful and the food was so yummy! I had a virgin lava flow, and the macadamia nut crusted fish (thank you for the suggestion). It was all in all a great, relaxing day. 


Here's some pictures from my trip:

Waikiki Beach
Waikiki Beach
Waikiki Beach
Pearl Harbor
Yummy fish!
Swimming with dolphins
Thirty minute plane ride from Oahu to Kauai
Shaved ice, so good!
Waimea Canyon
Dinner at the Beach House- a virgin lava flow
Dinner at the Beach House- Macadamia nut crusted fish
~Mackenzie



xo

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment