"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cheerful Dresses

Today was a long day. I was up early to volunteer at the hospital for the first time and I was so anxious! I got there 15 minutes early and signed in and headed on up to the cardiac floor. The nurses are very busy on that floor so it can be hard to get them to acknowledge your presence. I walked up to the station, not going to let that happen. I introduced myself to a friendly nurse and asked what I could do, but she told me she was not in charge so I looked for the Head Nurse for twenty minutes. Once I found here, the rest of my three hours looked like this- walking around the hall, getting water for a patient, talking to a patient who only wanted to talk about their bowel movement, reading this entire book (review to come), going to the lab, and reorganizing a supply closet. Fun stuff. When 1 o'clock came around, I was pretty happy to go get my free lunch. But, the boring morning was rewarding as I was thanked numerous times from strangers around the hospital for volunteering. It was nice to see how much volunteers are appreciated. :) 

I came home to shower and then go to  do some Girl Scout camp budgeting. I was in a pretty mediocre mood as I was hoping for a better morning at the hospital, so I decided to wear a dress, because that's one of my favorite things. :) Of course, I had to take pictures.
Dress- Target 2009
Tank cardigan- American Eagle 2010
Sandals- Target 2010
Necklace- bp Nordstrom’s 2010
Bangle- bp Nordstrom’s 2010

Oh, and wearing red lipstick always cheers me up:)

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment