"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Party of Pinterest

A Pinterest Party: a party in which you actually make the things you pin!

Yesterday was the big day-- the day of the Pinterest Party! I was SO excited! Sierra, Mackenzie, Kylee, Riley, and I met at Sierra's house at 11 for brunch and a day of crafting and eating. 

We had to make a few things for brunch, but we also brought things that were already made and ready to eat! We sipped on Melon Frescas and ate Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cups, Caramel Corn, Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake, Blueberry Cheese Rolls, and Chocolate Chip Stuffed Raspberries
{Making and baking!} {Delicious food!}
Next came crafts! And boy we had a lot! We made quote pillows (idea from here) with felt flowers, tape initial canvases (idea adapted from here), spray painted doily canvases, and scrunch tie dye shirts
Painting
{The Art of Hannah, Sierra, Kylee, and Riley}
 My favorite craft was the pillows. We bought linen pillowcases and for every person, came up with a quote that made us think of them. They varied from friendship and life to jokes and nonsense. They're personal and unique for us all. I loved coming up with the quotes for other people and reading what others chose for me. :)
Busy writing and consulting others for their opinions on quotes
All of them

Sierra, me, Riley, Kylee, Mack
I made felt flowers for everyone to add to their pillows, which I think made them all the more cuter. ;) Speaking of felt flowers, here's a shout out to Miss Riley Welch! Here's your flowers!
I made some for Maddison and Jessica, who are in New York and Florida too- here's theirs (along with Riley's)!
From top left-- Riley, Jessica, Maddison
But the party wasn't complete without more food! For afternoon goodies, we made Chocolate Covered Nutella Filled Strawberries, Caprese Dip, and Kiss with M&M Pretzels. Sweet with some savory :) 
All of our afternoon food
They would be good just like this!

Drool...


 {My chocolate wasted straberry, Sierra's personalized strawberry}
My chevron painting looks great in my room and I can't wait to wear my shirt!




Overall, our Pinterest Party was a success! I know that I'm not the only one who can't wait for our next one!! Next time, we're going to do water marbling to our nails and make more food and crafts! What would we do without Pinterest? ;)


xo
Hannah









No comments:

Post a Comment