"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Stormy Weather

Whenever it's dark and cloudy out, raining with thunder and lightning, I always listen to this song, it's just fitting. ;)
 Stormy Weather-- Etta James

Right now it is STORMING out! I mean house shaking thunder, pelting rain, strobe-like lightning kind of storming! But honestly, I love it. :)

This morning, it was beautiful out! I played tennis for two hours and then went to lunch with my family. I was supposed to get my hair cut, but tennis ran longer than expected so I have to wait until next Wednesday. Darn! After lunch, we went to my favorite place, IKEA! I got a new pillow to match one I already bought for my new bedspread and the pillows for our Pinterest Party. A man in the lane next us had NINE carts/flatbeds full of stuff! My mom thinks he was decorating a hotel or something. Regardless, the total was $7,964! And it was mostly pillows, mirrors, plants, etc., no large furniture! What a good day for Ikea!

Olivia started track a few weeks ago through the rec center and loves it. Today was her first meet- she ran the 800 and 400. She did awesome!!
Beating the boys, what else is new? ;)

Here's a few pictures of the storm. It's crazy out there, it's hailing in a few towns surrounding us! 
At about 6:30pm


At 8:15pm-- lightning just struck in the upper right hand corner

At 8:15pm-- the flash of the lightning made it look like bright sunlight!

Do you love summer storms as much as me? They just make me want to turn up my music and settle in with a good book!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment