"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Sunday, June 24, 2012

i NIEed to blog

I remember the days before I blogged. The first blog I remember seeing was my mom's childhood best friend's daughter's blog. She just blogged about day to day life (like me!) and I always enjoyed reading about her family, friends, school, and other activities and thinking how we were so similar! Then, in December I started actively reading The Small Things Blog everyday, learning all sorts of hair and beauty tricks. I continued to find more and more blogs I loved and then, when I was in Steamboat over spring break, I came across the blog that was my true inspiration. My mom, aunt, siblings, cousins, and I stopped in a Walmart to grab candy to eat when we watched a movie and while at the checkout stand, I grabbed a magazine to flip through, like usual. I came across an article on Stephanie Nielson (aka nie or nienie) and her family and was fascinated about her story. I saw in italics at the end of the article her url for her blog and memorized it to search once we got back to the condo. 

When we got back and I googled the blog, I sat on the couch for almost four hours, reading as many posts as I could before my mom made me go to bed. Each one was raw and honest- sometimes funny, sometimes cute, sometimes heartbreaking. I loved her wit and that she lived each day with such gratitude for life. I kept reading once I got home. I adjusted my morning routine to add time to read her blog every morning. At the beginning of May, I told Mackenzie about the url and soon, we would talk about the posts and about nienie. 

After reading post after post, I thought, 'I want to do this. Just write my thoughts, my stories, this is for me.' For a while, I told Mackenzie and Kylee how I just wanted to start blogging. It was one of those things I knew I wanted to do, I just needed to do it. 


And then one Tuesday afternoon, it happened. Because of Nie, Simply Me was born.  And I love it more and more each day. :)
Sums me up:)



xo
Hannah

ps- wanna know what blogs I read and love that you will too? here you go!
nieniedialogues.com
thesmallthingsblog.com
frommygreydesk.com
glittershewrote.com
amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com
blog.hannamac.com
71toes.com 
and I'm sure I forgot some;)



No comments:

Post a Comment