"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Giving Thanks 14/30

November 14// I am thankful for seeing this beautiful sight. It makes me SO happy to be (almost) done applying to colleges! All of my Early Action applications are in and I'm over 3/4 of the way done with my final application, which is due December 1. (Washington, why don't you offer any Early Applications?!)
fyi there's a red dash for DU because there is no writing supplement, i swear, it's all in
I'd like to take a quick moment to give my opinion on the Common App. The positives... it's one application I can fill out for THREE schools. The negatives... it is confusing as heck. And there's been a million issues this year, which luckily I haven't encountered. I also applied to Oregon and Minnesota, which aren't Common App schools. I think their applications were super easy to fill out so here's an idea- make the Common App as easy as their applications and make all schools Common App so students only have to fill out one application. How nice would that be?!

I feel very lucky to have the opportunity to go to college because I know it's something that not everyone gets to do. I can't even believe that I'm old enough to apply to schools, but I don't think I'll ever think I'm old enough for anything. There is honestly so much relief after hitting the submit button. It's like everything you've worked so hard for is finally going to use. Now the wait for letters begins! Oh yeah, and scholarship application time. It never ends people.

xo
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment