"I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say." -Flannery O'Connor
This quote is one that I love for several reasons. It's truth is one. I have so much to say that I can never get it all out with my words. When I get really excited about things, I can't speak clearly. It's like all the words I'm feeling and thinking are regurgitated at the same time. But when I take the time to sit down and really write down my thoughts, things begin to make sense. Often, if I have a disagreement with my mom, the best way for me to communicate with her is through writing letters. Then, I can say what I really want to say without the emotions that usually ensue when talking with her face to face in a heated moment.
This blog has been the perfect outlet of writing for me. It's the perfect way to write down my thoughts, my memories, and everything in between. I wish I was an avid journaler, but instead my journaling is subpar. I go through phases when I'm really good at journaling, but then I forget about it because I get majorly distracted with life. I'm happy that I will have some journals to look back on one day when I'm an adult, but I'll have this blog, which in my opinion is even better.
Writing is the best way for me to express my passions. It's not just writing like the kind I do on my blog that excites me, but the stuff we do in school. Not literary analysis or persuasion or reviews, but a good old fashioned argument essay or a research paper. Then you're sure to write about something you love. For my senior paper, I'm writing about preimplantation genetic diagnosis (this means stem cell donors, savior siblings, designer babies, whatever you want to call them) and my stance on when it is ethical, and for what diseases it can help treat. It is one of my favorite topics ever and I love learning more about it. And I also love telling people I'm researching and writing a paper on preimplantation genetic diagnosis because it's big and I sound smart;)
Getting the right words out isn't always easy but when it is, there is no better feeling.
![]() |
| via |
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment