"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Friday, November 8, 2013

Giving Thanks 8/30

November 8// I am thankful for my favorite cousin Michael. You're probably not supposed to have favorite cousins, but I do and it's Michael. For a long time, I used to always just love the younger kids because they were cute and they loved me because they needed me, but then they all grew up and don't love me quite as much. Michael has finally began to mature and stopped doing some of the annoying little kid stuff, but still has a fun time. This sounds creepy as heck, but he's going to be the guy that all the (normal) girls want in high school. I've raised him right!


Michael and I have a lot in common. We're both the oldest and March birthday buds. The two of us are quite the duo when we sing and dance; it's a real party. Michael loves art, like I do. When I was in Vienna at the Albertina, I got to see a Monet exhibit (ah-mazing!). Monet is Michael's favorite artist, so I made sure to grab a little book full of Monet's paintings as a little gift for him. We both get very competitive during games such as Scrabble and dominoes. We're the protectors of the family, and care the most. We really hate being wrong. We're the leaders and brains behind some brilliant ideas. We're the best of cousins.

I'm going to miss this little dude a ton next year when I'm in college. He's already asked if we can FaceTime or Skype because he's going to miss me (let me just pick up the pieces of my heart). The evening of homecoming, he stopped by with my aunt and grandparents. When they were leaving in the car, he told my aunt that he didn't like the boy that was taking me because he was afraid he was going to take me away forever. Oh boy, I love him.


 xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment