"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Giving Thanks 26/30

November 26// I am thankful for the days leading up to the holidays. The anticipation and excitement in the air is palpable, as kids wait to get out of school and enjoy time with family, friends, all with good food of course!

Soooo, my mom has the whole week of Thanksgiving off, but the middle school and high school still have to go to school on Monday and Tuesday. It's pretty stupid, especially because a ton of kids are gone from school those two days. It's become a tradition that we play hooky on Tuesday and go to heaven on Earth, aka the North Pole! It's my paradise, my little slice of heaven. It's really just an old Christmas-themed amusement park up in Colorado Springs with rickety rides, Santa, reindeer, Christmas music everywhere you go, and some pretty awesome little shops, but to me, it's a place of dreams. There's just a magical spirit in the air, I don't know how to describe the kind of special it is.


I made a video this year of our day at the North Pole because videos are my favorite thing to make. I hope you feel the Christmas spirit, not the motion sickness, this wonderland has! For a better quality version, go to my Vimeo here!

(oh and I do not know why some of the noise of the actual video is there- it is all muted in iMovie but it has not downloaded without it! ugh technology)

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment