It's always the ordinary days that you seem to forget, but there the one's to cherish. There's peace that comes with the normal.
Today was the first real snowy day of the year. Nothing made me happier than waking up to a winter world. I always wake up so much easier on days where there's snow. I turn up the Christmas music when I'm getting ready, open my blinds, and can't help but smile when I see the snow. It's my favorite. Even though it's my least favorite thing about having a car, I make sure to get ready quickly so I can clean the snow off my car. No matter how cold it is, I sort of love putting on a hat, coat, and gloves and embracing the snow, and the stillness of the world around me. I am thankful for my dad who turned my car on so the heat was already on full blast when my brother and I got in to go to school.
| i love a fresh, untouched blanket of snow |
Thursdays are usually the loooonnnggg days for me at school. I go all day with a 35 minute break for lunch. I honestly don't know how I used to go to school from 7:40 to 2:50 every single day. Off periods are bliss. But today didn't feel as long as the other Thursdays. We watched a move in history and it wasn't actually terribly boring. Science was upsetting because we learned that because kids stole a test that we already took and distributed it to other students, we would have to take a new test. As angry as this makes me, I hope the culprit feels guilty and realizes how wrong they are. I guess you could say the silver lining in this is now I really know the material (since I already retook the original test, and this will be my third time being tested on the material!). I never dread choir, but sometimes it's just really, really long. Not today. We're singing Christmas songs and that brings me joy joy joy. And we're singing the Handel's "Hallelujah" chorus, which always makes me think of this scene from Christmas Vacation.
English was simple- we had to do a timed write which I honestly enjoy doing a lot more than formal essays because I am forced to get my ideas out in a limited amount of time. Today, I even got to right about genetic testing, which was awfully similar to what I'm doing my argument/research paper on so I got to show off what I already knew a little;)
After school was some blog business. Mackenzie and I met up to help each other do some blogging stuff, which required us to be outside. I decided to get us some Starbucks before so we could stay warm. The wait in the drive-thru was outrageously long for some reason, so they were kind enough to give me both drinks for the price for one. Doing something nice for someone always ends up with something nice happening to you! Mackenzie and I then braved the 16 degree weather, but it was well worth it.
We worked on some secret project stuff, and then wandered around Target for an hour or so. We looked at just about everything, down to the baby clothes, because come on- nothing is as cute as mini Mary Janes or little tights with hearts or little dresses.
When I finally brought Mackenzie home, we ended up sitting in front of her house for an hour and a half talking. #typical We can't help that we have lots to talk about! We eventually parted ways, and I came home to relax and watch Christmas movies. Nothing is better than a night with NO homework!!! My mom surprised me with a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake so that was also just great.
In this constantly changing world where life throws us endless curveballs, it's nice to have the ordinary days in life to give you comfort. So I am thankful for today, in it's simplicity and normalness I have found something to be happy about.
![]() |
| via |
xo
Hannah

No comments:
Post a Comment