Marvin Fast Facts
1. Marvin has the earliest bedtime of anyone at my house. It's not an assigned bedtime, it's just a "I'm tired so I'll go to bed at 8pm" bedtime. If only that was what I could do too.2. Marvin lacks style. I guess my awesome style makes up for his lack of it, but my mom and I often tell him that we're putting him on What Not To Wear. I think he just likes his casual clothes to be comfortable. And in his eyes, comfortable clothes are usually ten years old or are free from some cattle company.
3. Marvin is the fifth of six kids and the only one to not still live on a farm/in a rural area. I applaud you on spreading your wings, father.
4. Whatever you want to know about the cattle/beef industry, Marvin is there to help with.
5. Sam's Club is Marvin's favorite store. He goes every Saturday morning and has an extremely difficult time sticking to the list my mom sends him. All the 'good deals' just lure him in...
6. I'm pretty sure my friends like Marvin more than me.
7. Marvin's specialties in the kitchen include: thin pancakes/crepes, kolachis, orange popcorn balls, pepper jelly, ribs, mashed potatoes, and omelets.
8. I am without a doubt Marvin's favorite child. #oldestchildperks
9. Marvin is so afraid of needles and the doctor, when he had to get blood drawn once, a nurse had to come to our house to get the blood sample. He's also passed out at the eye doctor and the podiatrist.
10. Marvin has caught a shark before when he was deep sea fishing.
So now that you're well actuated with some info on my strange father, let me brag about how great he is. My dad is compassionate- he worries about the well being of not only his family, but of strangers too. Marvin is the greatest listener- he might not always be a good responder, but he sure can listen. He is hilarious- too many funny stories to tell. Marv is always there for me- I'm going to really miss my dude next year.
Today Marvin and I hung up Christmas lights. While he talked about how cold he was (such a little wuss), I sang him some Christmas carols and took some selfies on the roof.
| see me in the mirror across the way? |
| pretty great view though! |
| it's a long way down |
| i guess i sort of like christmas? |
| cue the hallelujah chorus! |
| love this dude |
xo
Hannah
Marv is my idol <3
ReplyDelete