"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Giving Thanks 12/30

November 12// I am thankful for music. Wherever I go, there's a song in my head, and a rhythm and harmony in my heart. Music makes up who I am. In every situation of life, I listen to music. It's what brings me to equilibrium when life overwhelms me. For every emotion, for every memory, for every action, there is a song. Music is what feelings sound like.

"Music is therapy. Music moves people. It connects people in ways no other medium can. It pulls heart strings. It acts as medicine." -Macklemore

Here's some current favorites... (truth- I've actually mostly been listening to Christmas music since September but occasionally, I switch things up a little. I'm doing a Christmas music post soon:))

Old Pine - Ben Howard
If this song doesn't make you want to cry, you're crazy. The lyrics just get me "I've come to know/That memories were the best thing you ever had..."

Team - Lorde
If only this girl wasn't so pretentious. Oh well, I still love her music.  It puts me in a pump up mood instantaneously.
Cider House Rules Main Titles 
I love music that makes me feel. I think this partially the result of being in choir, partially the result that I'm human, and partially the result that my emotions are sometimes worn on my sleeve. Anyways, I watched "Cider House Rules" on Sunday (definitely a new favorite. I'm already watching it again) and the music just struck a chord (haha so punny) in my heart. You know music is good when there's no words and it makes you want to cry. And I can't help that I love 90s movies music because I just want my life to be a 90s movie. 
And some forever favorites...

Now Is the Start - A Fine Frenzy
Dance around in my pajamas-sing every lyric-will be played at my wedding, children's birthdays, and funeral-infectious-go and just show the world what you got-best song ever.
This song will forever, ever, ever be my favorite song. It's perfect for everything.

Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
This song is not only a song that gives me the longing to stay here forever and reminisce over the best times of my life, but also dreams of the future and the plans I have for it. Because whatever happens, home is wherever I am with you.

Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding
FYI I've loved Ellie Goulding way before now so to all you people who like her songs, she's been around for a lot longer. This will forever motivate me. There was never a cross country race where this song wasn't listened to before and in my head the whole time. And this song will ALWAYS remind me of the crazy post race high I would get. 
Anchor - Mindy Gledhill
Brings me full circle. My calming, rainy day, take a chill pill song. Raw, natural, perfect. Mindy is just something else.
Lost and Found - Katie Herzig
This song has been a favorite since freshman year. And I'm sure you've all heard parts of it, it's in a million movie trailers and commercials. 
Midnight City - M83
This song just reminds me of crazy, late nights with friends and a time of freedom. And you can't help but go crazy and dance during the chorus.
xo
Hannah

1 comment: