"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Giving Thanks 7/30

November 7// Every single day I am thankful for my friends, but today I am thankful for easily being able to spend time with my friends. Let me elaborate...
if you want a tongue that red, hit up sonic for a watermelon slush


Lately, senior year has been hitting me hard. From senioritis to college stress to coping with the fact that this next year is going to bring so much change, it's just been emotionally draining, some days more than others. Yesterday, I had a choir festival up at CU. I'm applying there (just have to finish my writing supplement!) and as I was watching the students around campus, I just couldn't grasp the fact that that would be me in a year, maybe or maybe not in Boulder. I felt that it was so confining- you live on a campus where you spend the majority of your time, in a dorm room, where you spend even more time, with not too many places to go. Usually you don't bring your car with you so if you want to leave, it's not always so simple. You are independent, totally on your own. If you need more shampoo, you have to go get it, not just ask your mom to grab it the next time she goes to the store. You are on your own for three meals a day (sure, you eat with friends, but it's all up to you!) and there's no one nagging you to go to bed when it's super late. It's change, it's different. The thing is, I'm usually a very independent person. It's one of my best qualities in my opinion. But this is just so different. There's still lots of time though so I'm soaking it all in. Anyways, back to time with my friends

I hadn't seen the lovely face of Riley (in person) in a whole week. I don't even know how that happened, but it did. Snapchatting just isn't the same. This whole year, I feel like I never see Riley because we have no classes together, but we luckily have off periods together! This past week was just a busy one, so Riley invited me on a date to Sonic so we could catch up. We had half-priced slushes and limeaides, I cleaned my car, we watched funny YouTube videos and chatted. It was simple, but exactly what I needed. These small but fun times together are cherished because I know that in the next year, it's very likely that it could be much longer than a week before I see Riley (or any friends for that matter). I don't want to forget how special it is to be able to have to my best friends so close.

xo
Hannah

1 comment: