"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."

About

Monday, November 25, 2013

Giving Thanks 25/30

November 25// Today I am thankful for education. Growing up in middle-upper class suburbia, I definitely forgot how lucky I am to have such a great school with dedicated teachers and several educational opportunities.

I have always really, really loved school. Sure, I hate waking up early and I having a ton of homework, but I know that around the world, there are kids who would do anything to have an education. I work hard for good grades, and a self-proclaimed lifelong learner who believes in the commitment to education (haha I took that straight from my CU app)

I feel so lucky that college is an option for me- I now officially can go! I have been accepted to the University of Oregon, holla at your girl! I got the official acceptance letter today in the mail, but found out last Friday on the phone. I was trying to check my application status so I was on the phone with an assistant or whatever you want to call them, and as she was looking up my information, she nonchalantly said "Oh, and I just wanted to let you know that we admitted you for the fall 2014 term two days ago." I about started crying, I was caught so off guard! It was super exciting to call my parents and let them know:) I don't really know how badly I want to go to Oregon, but being a Duck is officially an option!

I cannot wait for more acceptance letters to roll in, and to see where I actually end up going! It's nice to see all the hard work of college applications and 12 years of school pay off!

xo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment