I think style is truly one of the most unique things about a person. It doesn't define them, but it does say a lot about them. Style is what makes you, you. You can take a girl who likes to dress sporty and comfy and put them in a dress and tights, but that's not them. Style is one of the best ways to express yourself, so figure out what you like and be comfortable with that! Because it's you!
I love clothes. Really, I'm comfortable in anything- dresses, pants, skirts, leggings, I'm versatile. I also like to think that I'm a fashionista;) You can count on me to know the colors of the season, the prints, the latest trends. Just call me a budding fashion blogger;) Style Files is just a fun way for me to document my style because it will be so much fun to look back at this one day and show my kids what I wore in high school. Oh and maybe I can give you all a little fashion inspiration (haha I kid, I kid)
So today's Style File is on booties.
First off, who came up with that name?! I immediately think of either sweet little knit baby shoes or butts, not cute leather short boots. Anyways, I've been on the search for the perfect pair off booties all fall and finally found some that I like! I'm still looking for the perfect greyish-brown booties with a slight wedge, but these were too good to pass up.
Say hello to these babies. $8 plus 30% off from the Old Navy kids section. I love 'em.
There's a million different kinds of booties out there. With studs, with heels, without heels, leather, suede, black, brown, wedged, the variety is amazing. Check out Mack's super cute Toms wedge booties. I LOVE the color so much, it's what I dream of.
The variety of booties is great, but also overwhelming. Choose the right pair for you, and just keep looking until you find the ones you love. However, before you choose a pair of booties to wear, please, please, please learn to wear them right! My biggest pet peeve is when people don't wear them correctly. Here's my tips for wearing booties:DO
-wear them with your jeans rolled! That my friends, is the best way!!
-wear them with tights or leggings! Super cute and perfectly tucked in!
DON'T
-wear them with your jeans tucked in. It just doesn't work that way. Sorry Charlie!
Now moving on to the outfit. This outfit is what I would label "Comfy Sunday Attire". To be completely honest, most of the time I spend the weekends in my pajamas or sweats, but when I get dressed, I like to wear something comfy yet cute and functional. This is simple and as easy as it gets. Pull on a soft sweater, roll up some jeans, and throw on some booties!
Sweater// H&M
Jeans// American Eagle
Booties// Old Navy
Necklace// Nordstrom's
Bangle// Nordstrom's
What I love about this sweater is the length and softness! It's long enough to wear with leggings, and super soft. It's on the warmer side so it will be perfect for those days when it actually snows! | the perfect pop of color |
| vintage-style lockets are my favorite! |
| this is silly, stupid, happiness. |
| hahaha i look like such a model |
![]() |
| those rocky mountains though. |
| and that sun. nothing beats it. |
Now for a different way to style booties. Mackenzie is doing my favorite style thing ever in this Style File. LAYERING! Oh man, you cannot go wrong with layers.
Cardigan// H&M
Chambray// Target
Striped shirt// Gap
Jeans// American Eagle
Booties//Toms
Necklace// Premier Designs
Belt// J.Crew
![]() |
| l.o.v.e. this necklace! |
![]() |
| a natural laugh is the best laugh. good thing i'm funny and can make her laugh |
![]() |
| MODEL HOT DAYUM |
![]() |
| mackenzie, i'm very jealous of your blue eyes |
![]() |
| perfect lighting comes when the suns almost down |
![]() |
| doesn't this look like it belongs on the cover of a magazine? |
I realize that this was easily the longest post ever. But it was probably the most fun to do. Expect lots more Style Files here, Mack and I are now just a fountain of ideas;) Because we are officially fashion bloggers!
xo
Hannah
PS: stay tuned for more pictures from our photoshoot because that's really what this turned into once we got the perfect light













No comments:
Post a Comment